EMRA – Eastern Motor Racing Association
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Lime Rock Park, Lakeville, CT
This was actually the 2nd MC race at Lime Rock Park; at the first one, I was not eligible for points or a trophy due to having to test for a license that day.
This was an exciting one for me. After getting 3 trophies at the last 3 days (WGI had 2), I wanted more! Rick Pfeiffer was there to keep me in check.
- Rick Pfeiffer (MCS) 1:10.288
- Chris Chemidlin (MCS) 1:11.137
Damn. Almost a full second.
- Rick Pfeiffer (MCS) 1:07.716
- Chris Chemidlin (MCS) 1:08.028
Damn. Still .3s
- Chris Chemidlin (MCS) 1:07.660
- Rick Pfeiffer (MCS) 1:08.257
Oh Yeah! But I have a feeling he’ll be coming like gangbusters next session!
- Chris Chemidlin (MCS) 1:07.053
- Rick Pfeiffer (MCS) 1:07.822
I thought this was a great lap. MCM was won with a 1:06.024 – a full second faster, but the MCS win felt good. I think I found my time when I found my guts at the bottom of the downhill. If I trusted that the car would stick, and not breathe on the brakes/ let off the gas, I could carry more speed down the main straight. I just had to man up.
Interesting Miata track record stats:
- SSM – Clifford Collins 1:03.022 9/27/2008
- SM – Michael Lo 1:02.135 5/30/2009
Still, I’m way off the pace, but I’ll keep tracking these numbers for my own amusement. I can’t find the video for this race. <shrug> I’ll keep looking.