I pulled the deck off and I was able to get 4 wheels/ tires & 4 tires on the trailer. They’re wedged between the rails – they fit like it was designed for this. These are 215/50/17’s, and they just fit nice and snug. My 225’s on 9″ wheels aren’t going to fit like that, though…
As an aside, I buy Continental tires for our daily drivers. They are great tires; but really, the reason I stick with them is because of their involvement as a major sponsor in road racing. The Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge series is fantastic. Lately, the TV coverage has been thin, but I’m able to see all the races. I used to go to NJMP to see them in person – I would have really liked to see them at WGI. The closest they get to me now is at Mazda/ Laguna Seca, but I have not had the chance to attend yet.
TLDR; I support companies that support the racing I enjoy.
Anyway, the trailer pulled just fine. The springs are a little stiff – I may experiment with removing a leaf. It would be nice to get rid of the rattly ‘slipper’ springs and put some springs with dual eyelets on instead. Seems like an expensive fix to a small problem, though.
Backing up is a bit of a joke with such a short tongue. It just wants to turn 90degrees to the vehicle. It’d be cool to replace the tongue with a 2″ square tube that was a few feet longer: it would be easier to maneuver and it could provide a receiver in the back for a bike rack. This might happen.
I’m gonna need a spare. I’ll bolt it underneath and hope I never need it. Some message board posts suggest getting a hub and bearing, too. I’ll have to kick that one around a bit.