Throttle Cable Check and Adjustment Procedure
Whenever idle speed or maximum engine speed is adjusted, the throttle cable adjustment must be checked. If this is not done, the “E” mode function of the transmission may not operate or rough engagement of the forward clutch may be experienced. This could result in damage to the transmission.
Remove the throttle cable from the injection pump throttle lever. Check to insure that the throttle lever rests against the idle speed adjustment stop.
With the transmission operating lever against the closed throttle stop in the transmission, the ball pin socket in the throttle cable must line up with the ball pin on the throttle lever without any tension.
Do not pull on the throttle cable spring assembly while performing this check. This will compress the engagement spring and cause an incorrect adjustment.
The transmission operation lever must remain against the closed throttle stop while performing this check.
Depress accelerator pedal to full throttle position.
The throttle lever must rest against the full throttle stop on the injection pump.
The transmission operating lever must be against the kickdown stop in the transmission.
- Disconnect the throttle cable at the injection pump.
- Adjust the ball pin on the injection pump lever so that the total travel from idle to full throttle is 32 ±1mm.
- Adjust the throttle cable so that the ball pin socket in the throttle cable spring assembly lines up with the ball pin on the throttle lever
- The transmission operating lever must be against the closed throttle stop.
- The engagement spring in the throttle cable spring assembly must not be compressed.
- Reconnect the accelerator pedal cable to the transmission operating lever.
- Have someone press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor (kickdown position)
- The transmission operating lever must be against the kickdown stop.
- The pump lever must be against the full load stop and the engagement spring must be compressed.
- If not, adjust the accelerator cable at the transmission.