Check/Adjust: Timing, idle speed and CO%
HOT START TEST / QUALITY CHECK
- Check engine oil level and coolant level.
- Run engine until warm (A/C turned off)
- Run engine at 2500 RPM for 3 minutes after warm up.
- Park vehicle in sunlight, sheltered from wind, with hood closed and engine off.
- After 20 to 30 minutes (or time specified by customer), start the engine:
- Depress the accelerator pedal slightly.
- The engine should start within a maximum of 10 seconds of continuous cranking.
- The engine may idle roughly for a few seconds after starting.
If Test Passed: Return car to customer.
As of 1981 models: Before returning car to customer
- Install new tamper-proof plug #049 133 777B.
- Drive plug in flush with air-sensor housing.
If Test Failed: Perform Diagnosis Part 2, page 23
SUGGESTED REPAIR TIMES
Diagnosis Part 1:
- Basic Checks, Basic Adjustments = 100 time units
- Hot Start/Quality Check = 25 time units
- See SRT Manual for Suggested Repair Times or for additional repairs or adjustments.