- Run engine until warm (A/C turned off)
- Run engine at 2500 RPM for 3 minutes after warm up.
- Park vehicle in sunlight, sheltered from wind, with hood closed and engine off.
- After 20 to 30 minutes (or time specified by customer) start the engine:
- Depress the accelerator pedal slightly.
- The engine should start within a maximum of 10 seconds of continuous cranking.
- The engine may idle roughly for a few seconds after starting.
If Test Passed – Return car to customer.
As of 1981 models:
- Before returning car to customer
- Install new tamper-proof plug #049 133 777B.
- Drive plug in flush with air-sensor housing.
- If Test Failed –
- Check or install hot start pulse relay page 36.
SUGGESTED REPAIR TIMES Diagnosis Part 2:
- Air Supply Checks, Fuel Delivery Checks = 75 time units
- CO/idle speed adjustment = 75 time units
- Hot Start/Quality Check = 25 time units
See SRT Manual for Suggested Repair Times for additional repairs or adjustments.